Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm not a Hero, I only saved myself

                                                    
I'm Not A Hero, I Only Saved Myself

   At least that's what I think about when someone with a good idea doesn't share it. Or someone who complains silently to themselves and does nothing. So begrudgingly I drag myself from my hermit ways to share my point of view. And I have no claim to mastery or that I am even right, but if one has an idea they believe in, and things seem wrong, I think sharing is in order.

   This text has a particular motivation but not a singular point. I'm not sure what my reason could be decisively, excluding venting. Namely, this is because I cannot offer a solution for everyone (just ideas). So in the end the point can be perceived as moot, beyond me just bitching. And let's not confuse this with the self-righteous preaching of the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude, which would equate this whole piece to little more than masturbation of one's ego. Take it how you want, in the end it's just independent research-derived facts tied together by my own opinion, which I hope is educated.

   On that note I'll get into the first thing bothering me lately. That we speak of global debt as if it were a global plague. If it were as tangible as a world bereft of resources. Money, is not a resource, just an illusory system keeping few in power and the rest under boot. If you do the math you'll realize that if our nation's billionaires all lent just a small portion of their vast wealth, America would be a nation of millionaires. But this would collapse the American dream, or the dream that replaced the prior and now dead dream. Consider that if all became financially independent, the instantaneous change it would produce. There would be absolutely no blue collar foundation to uphold the American machine.

   I can paint all sorts of romantic images of everyone doing their part and working as a team to reach some made-up goal. But the truth is the rich-few are still exploiting the impoverished-many to do the dirty work for them and maintain their level of comfort. Without Billy Broke-ass and Johnny Empty-pockets who would take away your refuse, or fix your car? Who would clean your plates from your table when you eat out? Hell, who would make the food? So in the end you realize where the true value lies. Not in money, but in skills forged through hard work. What distinguishes someone as rich? Not important skills, but the amount of currency they possess? Okay, so what makes the currency valuable? A dollar is supposed to be a reserve note. That means it used to represent an amount of some valuable resource, in this case silver for the United States. In other words this bill was your claim to so much of whatever precious resource. Those days are over and we run off of a system of credit. Yes, our country has a credit rating. And all our presumed wealth is based on our economy and what we have to offer, globally speaking. Yet if the U.S. Dollar loses value guess who just got screwed? Essentially all that paper and coin has little more value than the material it's comprised of if this system fails.

   And the other question is, who really has all the resources, the true valuables? And are we in debt because they are running out? Who do we owe? And seeing that this monetary system is based off of an idea and not a substantial thing, what do we owe and why? You think the Government of a different nation takes a couple truckloads of our currency to their local banks and gets them exchanged? Or is money some sort of token system with a central banking system? What I mean is, if we, for example, run out of steel in America, and then we buy more steel from China. What makes our money valuable to them? What central system is setting the value of this? Wouldn't it make more sense for China to lend us the steel on the promise we pay in kind with some other precious resource. And if we couldn't get the tab we'd be indebted with owing something substantial and useful. So what's really occurring here, and who is manipulating these markets?

    Now we see this all creates dependency. We now have a society unbalanced with the majority being unskilled, lazy, and stupid. Not just stupid, but oblivious. And before you ask "Hey wait-a-minute, who are you talking about?” I mean you, me, all of us who are letting it happen.

   We live under the cleverly crafted guise of a nation reformed and ascended beyond it's past sins of slavery. Yet what is your definition of slavery? Images of forced labor, cracking whips, and toiling in the earth create a fixed and narrow point of view. To me slavery is simple, the absence of freedom. And you say "I make my own choices day in and day out!" Well, at least from the list of options you were given. I'm talking, however, about having your freedom taken on a level unbeknownst to even yourself. The best kind of slave is one who doesn't even see the chains. From the time you are born you are molded to not think for yourself, to conform to this preset value of the norm. Taught by the constant media you are bombarded with to accept only certain things as real and pertinent, and to reject all other notions as silly and uninteresting. And you never really ask yourself why?

   The average person is so dependent on someone else having the expertise to fix their problems that they remain almost like a child. You need Municipal Mommy and Daddy Government to handle it all. Now, not everyone can be a doctor, or a Navy SEAL, but does that mean we shouldn't know how to cook beyond a microwave or change our own oil? Why when you can pay someone 2-3 times as much to do it for you! So we have a generation of practically worthless people. Most now have jobs involving work that have no practical application in the real world. Just another piece of the big money machine keeping us moving down that production line. Here you go little worker ant, have an I-pod and some over sexed music videos. Don't worry about anything, just go check your Facebook and play on your cell phone. Better yet go watch your favorite programming and smoke some pot!

   And mentioning programming reminds me of further irritation. Ever noticed the difference between those who watch a lot of television and those who don't? It's much easier to spot in small children. I personally do not let my children watch television beyond the rare occasion. The human brain is not meant to perceive that many fast changing images and flashing colors, or even sounds, especially at so young of an age. You'll notice a complete lack of awareness of surroundings and a transfixed, almost zombie-like gaze. And that's not the worst part. Instead of learning naturally through trial in error in your environment, you have substituted it with a synthetic one, training your mind to like certain things, think certain ways, and even change your behavior completely. Now detached and atrophied you have an out of whack body, something that, being as complex as it is, I'd think warrants optimal care.

   Are you beginning to understand why we live in a time where ADHD is supposedly rampant? And when that doctor hands your kid or in some cases you that diagnosis you accept it with little question. Are you really understanding cause and effect here? Do you honestly think this is all genetics? So, now you suppress instead of treat the symptoms with medication. Yet nothing is changed as far as environment or habits typically. Are you seeing some sort of cure in a doped up or cracked out kid who can't even be himself anymore that I'm not? If so then send me a clue. Now they find themselves either in that weird “How can I fit in when I'm not even comfortable in my own skin” feeling or your crushing the pills and snorting them with all the other misguided individuals.

   And honestly ADHD is a mild handicap when facing the host of crippling neurological disorders affecting increasingly large numbers. From questionable vaccines to BPA's and pesticides, it seems we aren't given much of a chance. I suppose the poor excuse as to how we can even be legally exposed to any of this is that the low levels are deemed safe enough for consumption/exposure. But what happens when it's in everything you eat, drink, wear, breathe? The weakest are rooted out first, and then even healthy people. And what would you expect with your body being attacked from all fronts. Between the double-quarter pounder you ate, the liter or more of soda you drank, and three or more hours on the X-box, your body is already hurting before it's subjected to the innumerable variety of chemicals in everyday life. To me safe living starts to seem a little more like Russian roulette, and if you're poor, make that roulette with a semi-automatic. Am I the only one who'd like to have just a little more control over what does and doesn't affect my health? Did I miss signing away my rights in some super-secret ninja contract?

   I guess with most of these issues, the average individual remains complacent. Then one day you or one of your loved ones, wakes up with cancer, or multiple sclerosis, finding yourself dying or excruciatingly crippled. It's only when it directly affects you, or you realize that it already has, that you start to give a fuck.

Wake the fuck up.

~fin~



No comments:

Post a Comment